Infographic: How telemedicine is the future of healthcare
Friday, July 02, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way we do a lot of things and, even with many countries finally opening back up, there are some changes that are sure to last far beyond the pandemic. One of these changes is the advancement of telemedicine.
Telemedicine has been on the rise for many years. In fact, it may surprise you to know that the earliest telemedicine was as far back as the 1920s, when ship clinicians used to receive medical advice via radio. Of course, we've come a very long way since then, and this method of practicing medicine has advanced at a rapid rate, with the most recent development being veterinarians offering virtual visits in 2020.
In early 2020, at the start of the pandemic, physicians performed 1,629,000 telemedicine visits. Sixty-nine percent of patients have now had at least one virtual visit and they're eager to keep this "new normal" moving forward. In fact, studies show that telehealth increased patient satisfaction and retention by 81.5%.
Find out why telemedicine is the future of medicine in the infographic below.
Infographic courtesy Online Medical Services
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- The Social Security shell game
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- Drug use rises among US workers amidst the pandemic
- 4 beneficial career moves to make while in college
- Simple ideas to strengthen struggling readers’ achievements
- 5 surprising ways consumers really think
- Hotel industry trying to capitalize on vaccinated tourists, but continues to face obstacles
- What the growing environmental job market means for economic recovery
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How