How and where to invest in Africa: The next investment frontier
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
America: the land of opportunity… right? The world is changing — innovation is everywhere around the globe, and it’s time to set our sights on a new land of opportunity — Africa. Chances are, you attribute tech unicorns to Silicon Valley, but consider that Africa is on the financial rise. In the year 2019 alone, the five fastest-growing economies in the world were in Africa (Ghana, South Sudan, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Cote d'Ivoire) — and were expanding at a rate of more than double the worldwide average.
Large technology companies are also flourishing on the African continent — everyone from Google AI Lab, Facebook, and Microsoft have been developing significant investments into Africa. What’s more is that Flutterwave is now valued at over $1 billion — several African unicorns already exist and more are likely to be on the way.
Technology isn’t the only industry undergoing a renaissance in Africa. Industry standouts are happening in everything from agriculture and healthcare to education, energy and finance.
Not sure where to start? Check out the following infographic on how and where to invest in Africa with meaning at Empower Africa:
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- Combatting bullying: It’s time to fight back
- 7 communication skills to build as a woman in leadership
- Customer experience and employee engagement: An interconnected working relationship
- Recessions and small business: How to survive and even flourish
- Top 2023 travel trends driving today’s tourism
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How