Bridging the gap: How to reach herd immunity with vaccine confidence
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
After a year of COVID-19 significantly affecting our lives, a light at the end of the tunnel to normality is finally here. Three effective vaccines have been distributed throughout the U.S. and hope for herd immunity is in sight. However, there is still a gap between those being vaccinated and those who do not want to be vaccinated.
Approximately 10 to 15% of the U.S. population will need to change their mind about being vaccinated in order to reach herd immunity at 70 to 85%. The main two reasons for vaccine hesitancy are freedom of choice and side effects. Freedom of choice must remain, but with incentives given by the government or companies, many who are hesitant may go ahead with the vaccine.
The ability to also make the vaccine accessible and convenient will also cause an impact for those who aren’t necessarily against it but would rather not go through the hassle of being vaccinated. Changing the dialogue from accusation and guilt to emphasizing the personal and economic benefits while allowing freedom of choice to still exist will also likely help close the gap. There is still progress to be made, but we are closer than ever before to having our lives back.
Check out the following visual deep dive for more on vaccine confidence:
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Civil & Government
- Healthcare Administration
- Science & Technology
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- You can’t be what you can’t see
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- What to do when you notice your team ‘quiet quitting’
- Oklahoma City’s First Americans Museum: A celebration of native culture
- Infographic: Reselling leads to a sustainable future
- What if labor shortage is a long-term threat to the hospitality and tourism industry?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How