8 typography design trends for 2021
Thursday, January 07, 2021
Typography transforms words from mere text to artful communication. So much can be said by the font and type design — from prominent, bold sans-serif fonts to delicate serifs; from traditional, timeless variations to totally new techniques.
Typography’s prominence in modern culture and business was influenced by the Bauhaus art movement. Herbert Bayer was a student of Bauhaus and left a prominent mark on typography by adopting the principles of reductive minimalism.
Another artist, Jan Tschichold wrote “Die Neue Typographie” — The New Typography. The book was published in 1928, and called “a masterpiece of the modern typography and graphic design.” This book helped standardize and modernize communication styles that affected many designers and advertisers.
While the strong roots were laid early in the 20th century, the explosion of digital graphics mediums and designers themselves has allowed for a wide array of amazing ideas and evolution. Some ideas are simply fads, while others are trends that are here to stay. We’ve highlighted what we see as the top typography trends for 2021.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- Is the BMW M440i the best possible coupe?
- The building blocks of an association
- Why digital transformation is crucial for e-commerce success
- The delicate balance of supply and demand for COVID-19 vaccines
- Is telemedicine for dentists?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How